Google_plus Pinterest Vimeo RSS

The Old Jameson Distillery, ireland

The Old Jameson Distillery is located on the original site of John Jameson’s distillery in Bow Street in Dublin.  This distillery, founded in 1780,  was Ireland’s most famous distillery for nearly 200 years, until its closure in 1971, when distilling of Jameson Irish Whiskey was transferred to the Midleton Distillery.  For many years the Bow Street Distillery lay abandoned, but today, once again, it is a hub of activity, welcoming visitors from all over the world.

This award wining visitor centre is one of Dublin’s and Ireland’s favourite attractions.  Located on the north side of the city, it is an easy walk from the city centre along the river Liffey, a short bus ride with Dublin’s Hop on Hop off bus tours, or only 3 minutes’ walk from the Smithfield Luas tram stop.  It is open throughout the year, with guided tours at regular intervals throughout the day.